Recipe | S'mores Ice Cream Parfaits
Apparently I'm obsessed with the idea of making foods infused with the s'mores flavor. Like in
. It's chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows...what can be better?
Today's s'mores inspired treat is perfect for those super hot summer nights and perfect to share with your hubby or boyfriend! They only take a few minutes to put together and it's a fun little project for your date night dessert.
These S'mores Ice Cream Parfaits are made with a yummy graham cracker crust followed by mini chocolate chips and then a chocolate ice cream/marshmallow mixture, followed by more curst and chocolate chips and ice cream/marshmallow mixture and topped off with a layer of marshmallow cream. SO. GOOD.
Oh and you obviously top the cream with more marshmallows, a drizzle of hot fudge, and crush graham crackers. Obviously. You would even add some whipped cream and sprinkles if you want to get crazy.
Oh my heavens or you could got the salted caramel route and swap the hot fudge for caramel sundae syrup and some sea salt. I'm drooling right now. For reals.
Just go make this. Trust me, you won't regret it.
And we're going to say that it has 0 calories, okay? Okay! Thanks for joining me in pretend land long enough to devour one of these parfaits.
S'mores Ice Cream Parfaits
1 hour +
1 hour 20 minutes +
4 whole graham crackers
4 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3 cups chocolate ice cream
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp confectioner's sugar
1 cup mini marshmallows
1. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers, butter, and brown sugar until a crust forms. If it is too crumbly, add another Tablespoon of melted butter.
2. Press a quarter of the crust into the bottom of a small glass. Scatter some of the mini chocolate chips on top of the crust. Do the same in another glass.
3. Soften the chocolate ice cream in the microwave for fifteen seconds.
4. In a medium bowl, place three cups of the softened ice cream and mix with 1 cup of the mini marshmallows. Mix until the marshmallows are throughout the ice cream.
5. Scoop some of the ice cream mixture on top of the crust/chocolate chips. Press more crust on top, followed by more chocolate chips and finally more ice cream. Repeat with the second glass. Place both of the parfaits in the freezer to chill for at least one hour.
6. In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, vanilla, and confectioner's sugar for two to three minutes on high, or until it it thickened.
7. Meanwhile, spray a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray and place the mini marshmallows in it. Microwave for thirty seconds, no longer or the marshmallows will burn.
8. Spray a spoon with cooking spray and scoop the melty marshmallows into the whipped cream. Mix again on high for another three to five minutes, or until the cream/marshmallow is thick enough that it doesn't fall off a spoon when held upside down.
9. Remove the parfaits from the freezer and spread some of the cream on top of the last ice cream layer. Return the parfaits to the freezer until the whipped cream has hardened a bit. Top with marshmallows, melted hot fudge, and some crushed graham crackers.
You may also like: