Recipe | Lemon Lavender Muffins
This recipe was my first ever attempt at working with dried lavender. I've eaten baked goods with lavender in them and was never very pleased with the taste, they always seemed much too flowery for my taste buds. But then I came up with the idea of lemon lavender muffins and decided to give it a go. Boy am I glad that I did! These muffins are the perfect mix of flowery lavender and ctirus-y lemon, making them not too tart and not too floral. Not only is the taste delicious, but these bad boys are super moist and just slightly dense making them such a wonderful little treat. You won't find a softer muffin out there.
Lemon Lavender Muffins
2 dozen muffins
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
5 Tbsp butter, cold and cubed
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon xest
1 tsp dried lavender
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup + 2 Tbsp almond milk
2 Tbsp almond milk
1 tsp dried lavender
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup (or more) confectioner's sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line or grease a muffin pan.
2. Prepare the crumb topping. In a medium bowl mix flour and sugar and then cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and lavender. Set aside.
4. In another bowl combine melted coconut oil and sugar and beat until combined. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition followed by the lemon juice and sour cream. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined, being careful to not over mix.
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each tin about half full. Then dived the crumb topping over the tops of the batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in muffin pan for two minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
6. While the muffins cool, prepare the glaze. Mix all of the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Add more sugar or more milk until you are happy with the consistency.
7. Drizzle the glaze over top of the muffins.